EXILE locks are designed with a range of new and innovative features to prevent forced or inappropriate disengagement.
The lock must be electrically, or manually operated to release the locking bars. The lock will remain in the engaged state in the event of an electrical power or control system failure or interruption.
Individually Deadlocked Bars.
The EXILE lock has a unique double deadlock function to prevent forced disengagement.
- Each locking bar is individually deadlocked in the engaged position by a solid blocking member that transfers any forced disengagement load directly to the associated bar housing and thereby to the lock’s mounting bolts.
Comprehensive Electronic monitoring:
Electrically operated Exile locks include a n/o lock engagement sensor output to monitor the lock engagement status.
By using magnetically operated hall effect sensors, the lock detects when the door is closed and the lock is fully extended.
When these two conditions are satisfied, the n/o relay is activated to provide closed contacts. This configuration ensures there is never a false secure output.
Manually operated EXILE locks include two magnetically operated reed switches for electronic monitoring if it is required.
The door sensor switch is secured when the door is closed, and the lock position sensor switch is activated when all the locking bars are fully extended.
A secure lock engagement sensor is activated by series coupling the two sensors (door must be closed and the lock must be fully engaged), or the sensors can be individually monitored.
Dormant Electronic control following a power failure.
If power to the lock is interrupted and then restored, electronic control will remain dormant until the lock release command has been triggered and the door is closed.
For very high security applications the lock release trigger command can be further configured to respond to a specific trigger command such as a frequency, number, or sequence of trigger pulses. The lock control module also allows for the use of multiple trigger inputs.
Although the lock is programmed to automatically engage after a predetermined time following the doors closing, the engagement trigger input can be assigned to activate the locks engagment from a closed circuit.
Supplementary alarm output.
In addition the lock engagement status output, Exile locks can provide a further alarm output that is programmed to respond to a range of further conditions.
More secure external manual control;
The locks external control key and lever mechanisms are designed to ensure the lock can be manually released and re-engaged without compromising security or safety.
- The external key release and lock actuation functions are performed by two separate mechanisms.
- The external lever mechanism is separate from the external key and internal lever mechanisms.
- The external key control does not provide a lock actuation function to extend or retract the locking bars.
- The key operates only the locks internal actuation mechanism. When the lock is released, the internal mechanical bias caused the lock to disengage.
- Under normal operating conditions the lock will be instantly released by rotating the key 180 degrees without the use of the external lever. If the lock does not disengage then the external lever can provide a further disengagement load.
- The external lever is for manually engaging the lock and to supplement the lock's automatic disengagement mechanism. If the lock or barrier is damaged and will not automatically retract after it has been unlocked the external lever can be used to force the locks disengagement.
- To enhance security and prevent damage the external lever has a unique load limiting feature. This allows the external lever to be fully depressed when the lock is engaged and secure without causing the lock to disengage or be damaged.
- For manual re-engagement the key is returned to the locked position and the external lock operating lever is lifted to 80 degrees above the horizontal to manually extend the locking bars..
External Lock Operating Lever
To maintain security and reduce the opportunity for damage, the external lever provides an unlimited engagement force to be applied to the lock, but only a limited force for disengagement.
With the lock engaged, the external handle can be rotated 90 degrees without causing damage or the lock to release.
There is an option for the external lever to have a predetermined “sheer” load on the operating spindle that causes the spindle to fracture at the sheer point if excessive load is applied.
The option of customized external levers is available. This can include lever mechanisms with an inbuilt locking mechanism.
Internal Lock Lever Operating Mechanism
The internal manual operating mechanism provides a simple operating lever to easily release and
re-engage the locking bars.
- Rotate the lever (15 degrees) and the lock will automatically disengage. (Spring operated actuation).
- If the door is damaged and the lock does not automatically disengage then rotating the lever further provides direct force to manually disengage the lock.
- Lifting the lever above horizontal will re-engage the locking bars.
Internal Manual Release Lever Isolation.
For high security and man-trap applications where conditions are placed on manually operated egress, EXILE locks provide the option to restrict the conditions where the locks internal operating lever will disengage the lock.
The manual control isolation function also provides a fully integrated electronic interlock function. This ensures that when the locks are installed in a compound door application that restricts entry or egress, manual control to release one lock, only becomes operable, when the other door is closed and locked.
The failsafe feature of the manual control isolation ensures this function allows the internal lever to become operative in the event of an electronic supply failure, or a communication failure where the access control system fails to provide the necessary operating functions.
Compatible with Most Rim Locks
Where additional security is required for external control, EXILE locks are compatible with most commercial high security rim locks.